The Ministry of Education’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2021 has recently been published and the Chandigarh University has once again moved up the ladder as the youngest university to be rated by the NIRF. When compared to the previous year rankings, Chandigarh University has improved its ranking consistently in disciplines like Engineering and Management. Furthermore, the University has also found its place in the NIRF ratings this year in the categories of Architecture and Pharmacy.
What is NIRF?
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is a methodology outlined by the Government of India’s Ministry of Education to rank higher educational institutions in the country. Approved and initiated by the MHRD, NIRF awards the rankings as per the HEIs’ areas of operation. Every year, the institutions are ranked under 11 different categories. The categories are as follows
NIRF, for each of the above categories, has developed a set of metrics for ranking the HEIs. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources (TLR),” “Research and Professional Practices (RPP),” “Graduation Outcomes (GO),” “Outreach and Inclusivity (OI),” and “Peer Perception (PR)”.
Chandigarh University NIRF Rankings 2021
Chandigarh University performed well in each of these parameters and improved its rankings from the last year. The individual NIRF rankings received by Chandigarh University this year are as follows:
- #45 in Management – The best-ranked Management institute in the region, Chandigarh University’s Management Division has raised the bar again this year. CU is now among the Top 50 Management Institutes in the country with rank #45. The varsity secured an overall score of 48.57 with an impressive performance in Teaching, Learning & Resources (69.97); Graduation Outcome (65.47); and Outreach & Inclusivity (81.38).
- #61 in Engineering – Engineering has been the other division where CU has shown consistent progress, both in performance and rankings. Having been ranked #84 last year, Chandigarh University has taken a huge leap by 23 places and now stands at rank #61 among top Engineering Institutions in the country. The division’s exemplary performance in Teaching, Learning & Resources (69.97) and Outreach & Inclusivity (81.38) played a crucial role in securing an overall score of 45.01.
- #16 in Architecture – Chandigarh University, over the year, has garnered the reputation of being the best North Indian college for Architecture. The recent NIRF rankings justify the performance of CU’s Architecture Division as it has secured a place among the Top 20 Architecture Institutions in the country. CU has been ranked #16 among the top Architecture institutes in India. The overall score remained at 54.41 with exceptional Teaching, Learning & Resources (68.93); Graduation Outcome (82.45); and Outreach & Inclusivity (72.71)
- #51 in Pharmacy – North India’s best higher educational institution for Pharmacy, Chandigarh University has made its entry among the Top 60 Best Pharmacy Institutes in the country by the NIRF. CU’s Pharmacy division has been ranked #51 for its Teaching, Learning & Resources (69.64); Graduation Outcome(53.89); and Outreach & Inclusivity (75.79). The overall NIRF score for CU’s Pharmacy division stood at 43.33.
- #52 University – Chandigarh University has been ranked 52nd among the top universities across the country. The university has been recognized for consistent initiatives in enhancing the framework & quality of higher education with excellent placements, student-centric programs and dynamic fraternity drawn from top universities nationally and internationally. The overall score stood at 46.15.
- #77 Overall – The youngest university to be ranked NIRF, Chandigarh University has clambered up and has been awarded #77 rank among the top higher educational institutions in the country by the NIRF. Chandigarh University secured an overall score of 48.57 with extraordinary performances in the parameters – Teaching, Learning & Resources (57.48); Graduation Outcome (63.40); and Outreach & Inclusivity (75.44).
This story has not been edited except the headline, and intro para by Aglasem and has been published as press release received from the agency.