The CBSE board exams are scheduled to begin tomorrow while the ICSE board exams have already been flagged off. Students have been in preparation for the board exam for months in the end and finally, the day has arrived. Exams are often an unnerving event for anyone, adults and children alike. It may seem even more so when they are ordained as one of the most significant events that can decide your future.
Tips for Students and Patents to Deal with Exam Pressure
At such moments, it becomes imperative to not be overwhelmed. These are some tips that can help students and parents sail through such testing times.
- The students should follow a strategy of smart preparation. The school year has given ample time for the students to understand the concepts well. Students can follow the simple rule of selective preparation to achieve the best outcome.
- For example in mathematics focusing on topics such as Trigonometry, Real Numbers, linear equations, probability and so on which can fetch students more marks.
- The best strategy at this point is to not solve more than one sample paper a day. Revising sample papers mentally and drafting the answer in your mind is also a good method.
- It would be a good practice to acclimate your body to the exam timing to ensure that your mind is at full capacity during the exam.
- The time for preparation has concluded, and as such students should refrain from taking up fresh topics the day before the exam.
- Most often students may go through the phase where it may seem like all they have prepared is lost from the mind. It is however important to stay calm at this moment and realize that knowledge once gained is not lost all that easily.
- Reach the examination center at least 45 mins early to avoid last-minute stress. Students may end up losing their much-needed composure in such instances.
- It is also advised that once the exam has concluded, it is best to forbear from question-answer discussions. This can rattle the mind of the students and may further impact upcoming exams.
- Parents need to be a source of comfort and support to the students. You can plan out the exam week strategy with your child so you are on the same page.
The first day of the exam can be a very intimidating one. Prepare well ahead, make a checklist of all the things required for the exam and pack them the day before. This will help avoid missing out on necessary items.