CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is going to conduct the CBSE Term 1 class 12 English Core (code 301) tomorrow, December 03, 2021. The examination is going to begin at 11.30 am and will last for 90 minutes only till 1 pm. Candidates going for the examination tomorrow must go through the revised syllabus and solve CBSE Class 12 Term English Core sample paper.
CBSE Term 1 class 12 English Core (code 301) Syllabus
The board has earlier released the revised exam pattern and syllabus for class 12 English core. According to the newly drafted syllabus, this year the written examination will be held for 50 marks out of which 40 marks are assigned to the written exam and the remaining 10 marks is for ASL. Candidates can check out the complete syllabus for CBSE Term 1 class 12 English Core (code 301) below:
- Reading Comprehension: Two Passages- 14 marks
- Creative Writing Skills: Short writing skills and Long writing skills -8 marks
- Literature : Questions based on Appreciation, Analysis, Inference and Comprehension – 11 marks
- ASL – 10 marks
The board has earlier prescribed two books i.e. Flamingo and Vistas to aid the candidates with their preparations for the class 12 examination.
CBSE Class 12 English Core Sample paper
The board has earlier announced revising the examination structure from this year onwards. English Core Term 1 paper is going to have three sections, section A will have 18 questions out of which 14 questions will be compulsory. Similarly, sections B and C will have 12 and 30 questions respectively out of which 10 and 26 questions will be compulsory. This time the questions asked in the examination will be of MCQ format.
CBSE has also announced the sample paper for Class 12 Term 1 English Core paper to help the candidates understand the revised test structure. The candidates can also attempt this sample paper to know about their overall preparation level in the examination.
|CBSE Class 12 English Core Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CBSE Class 12 English Core Solutions PDF||Click Here|
Important Tips for CBSE Class 12 English paper
All those students going to appear for the examination tomorrow must keep the following tips in mind while writing the examination:
- Try to read the question paper thorughly and then mark the correct answer on the response sheet
- Pay special attention while attempting the Grammer based questions and there are maximum chances of doing mistakes in this portion
- Read the passage twice to find the answer to the vocabulary questions asked in the English paper
- While attempting the Literature section pay special attention while marking the name of author or poet