Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct the Class 12 Computer Science 2021-22 Term 1 tomorrow, December 21, 2021. The exam will be held for a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Since the paper will cover multiple-choice questions, students are expected to identify the right options and mark the same in their answer sheet. Additionally, the paper will also provide internal choices. So effectively, the paper will comprise 55 questions out of which a student needs to cover only 45.
With only a day left for the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Term I exam, students need to pay close attention to the syllabus and sample papers provided by the central education board.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science 2021-22 Syllabus
This year, CBSE has bifurcated the 70% syllabus into two terms. So, a student is required to study only 35% of the syllabus for tomorrow’s Computer Science Exam. Following are the topics expected to appear in tomorrow’s exam –
Unit 1: Computational Thinking and Programming – 2
- Python topics studied in Class XI.
- Functions: types of function (built-in functions, functions defined in module, user defined functions), creating user defined function, arguments and parameters, default parameters, positional parameters, function returning value(s), flow of execution, scope of a variable (global
scope, local scope)
- Introduction to files, types of files (Text file, Binary file, CSV file), relative and absolute paths
- Text file: opening a text file, text file open modes (r, r+, w, w+, a, a+), closing a text file, opening a file using with clause, writing/appending data to a text file using write() and writelines(), reading from a text file using read(), readline() and readlines(), seek and tell methods, manipulation of data in a text file
- Binary file: basic operations on a binary file: open using file open modes (rb, rb+, wb, wb+, ab, ab+), close a binary file, import pickle module, dump() and load() method, read, write/create, search, append and update operations in a binary file
- CSV file: import csv module, open / close csv file, write into a csv file using csv.writerow() and read from a csv file using csv.reader( )
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science 2021-22 Sample Paper
Additionally, CBSE has provided a sample paper and marking scheme for each subject. Students have especially, benefited from referring to the sample paper a day before the exam, as observed in previous exams. Hence, students are advised to skim through the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science 2021-22 sample paper before the exam tomorrow –