Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board has announced the date for Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) 2021. It will be held on November 28, 2021, in two shifts. Paper 1 will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM and Paper 2 will be held from 2.30 PM to 5.00 PM. The board will be accepting application forms till October 25, 2021, at updeled.gov.in, whereas, the application fee can be submitted till October 26, 2021.
UPTET is held once every year. It is a state-level teaching eligibility exam to recruit eligible teachers for primary classes 1 to 5 and upper primary classes 6 to 8 at various government and government-aided schools across the state of Uttar Pradesh. As per the UP government norms, UPTET is the minimum qualification required in UP to be appointed as a teacher in government schools for classes I to VIII.
UPTET 2021 has a different set of questions for the Primary stage exam and Junior level teacher’s exam. However, both the papers will have 150 questions each with 150 marks.
In UPTET Primary stage (i.e. Paper 1) for classes 1 to 5 exam, the question paper comprises topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 (Hindi), Language 2 (English/Sanskrit/Urdu), Mathematics, Environmental studies.
In UPTET Junior level teacher’s exam (i.e. Paper 2) for classes 6 to 8, the question paper contains questions from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Social sciences or Science and Mathematics.
Following is a list of books available on Amazon that can be referred to enhance preparation.
Best Books for Child Development and Pedagogy
- UPTET Paper-I Child Development & Pedagogy- Kiran Prakashan
- CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) – Arihant Express
Best books for the English Language
- English language- Geeta Sahini
- CTET & TETs English Language & Pedagogy Paper I & II- Arihant express
Best books for the Hindi Language
Best UPTET Books for Mathematics
- Competitive aptitude for competitive examination- RS Aggarwal
- CTET Central Teachers Eligibility Test CBSE Syllabus Teachers from Classes VI to VIII Mathematics & Science- Anita Srivastava and Babita Kumari
- Mathematics exam goal post- Wiley publications.
Best UPTET books for Environmental studies
- Environmental Studies (EVS) Exam Goalpost for CTET and TET Exams, Class I-V – Wiley publications
- Environmental Studies & Pedagogy for CTET & TETs – Arihant express
Best UPTET books for Social studies
- Study Guide for CTET Paper 2 (Class 6 – 8 Teachers) Social Studies/Social Science with Past Questions 5th Edition – Disha publications
- CTET 15 Practice Sets Social Science/Studies Class VI-VII – Arihant express
- Chakshu UPTET Paper 1 (Class 1-5) Complete Guide Book with Solved Papers
- UPTET Paper 2 (Class 6-8) by Agarwal Examcart
In order to clear UPTET 2021, it is necessary to have a disciplined routine. Every aspirant must follow a well-planned strategy to attain success. Students must go through the previous year’s question papers in order to get a gist of the format of questions asked in the examination. Further, students must understand the syllabus carefully and then go through the reference books for a better understanding of all the topics. Another tip to get good marks in the exam is that aspirants must make it a habit to attempt the mock tests on a regular basis to analyse the level of their preparation.
Once the exam is over, the candidates can access the answer key for the UPTET exam from December 02, 2021. The candidates can calculate their appropriate score with the help of this answer key. After the release of the answer key, the board will announce UPTET 2021 result.