The West Bengal Joint Entrance Board (WBJEB) has released the application form for Joint Entrance for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course for the year 2022. The registration will begin from February 24, 2022, while the last date to register will be March 5, 2022, upto 6:30 p.m. The application fee for the exam is INR 3000/-. The mode of application will be online and the tentative date for the exam is May 15, 2022, in the morning shift of 11 a.m.to 12:30 p.m. Candidates can find further details by logging into the official website for WBJEEB, which is http://www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
After the registration is over, candidates can correct their online application and download their altered confirmation page from March 8, 2022. Admit Card can be downloaded from May 11 to 15, 2022.
Candidates have to fulfill the following criteria to appear for the examination-
- Candidates must mandatorily be an Indian citizenship.
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 exams from a recognized examination board. They should have also qualified General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) and achieved registration and the Regular Nursing Regular Midwifery (RNRM) certificate from the State Nursing Council of any particular Indian State.
- There is no maximum age criterion for applicants working in a private institution.
- Candidates employed in government institutions have a maximum age limit of 53 years, unless special permission is granted from District Health Society(DHS)/JS(N)/Secretary (Nursing)/Higher.
- In-service(WB) applicants have to provide a ‘Letter of Permission’ at the time of admission from the concerned authority in accordance with the West Bengal Nursing Personnel Rules 2009. For this, they would have to contact the Nursing Directorate of Health & Family Welfare department of the government of West Bengal.
- For candidates employed in a private institution, work experience is not mandatory.
- The Government employees should have a minimum of 3 years of continuous and regularized experience.
- If a candidate ‘passed’, it means that they qualified both in the theory and practical examinations separately. It would also mean that they fulfilled all the requirements of the programme including the internship pre-admission.
- The universities which are recognized by the council are displayed in the WBJEEB website. Candidates need to have qualified from these recognized boards and universities to appear for the examination.
The paper will be an objective-type exam comprising 100 maximum marks. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. The medium of instruction will be English and there will be four options for every question. The syllabus includes anatomy, physiology, psychology, etc. with specialized subjects such as Paediatric Nursing, Psychiatric nursing, etc. Candidates are advised to monitor the official website wbjeeb.nic.in for further information.