The Delhi Board of School Education conducted the aptitude tests for the School of Special Excellence 2022 admissions between March 12 and March 28, 2022. As per the previous year’s data, the result was expected within 10-14 days, however, there seems to be a delay in the announcement this year. Owing to that, the result is likely to be declared this week on the official website – edudel.nic.in. Candidates who appeared for the aptitude tests in March will be able to view their results by entering their roll number and a verification text. The aptitude tests were conducted for admission to classes 9 and 11.
SOSE Result Next Week
Several reports suggest that the results are to be declared coming week. As per the official website, the result of the written test has been released for the Armed Forces Preparatory School, and those who have qualified for the Stage 2 (interview and medical test) are required to download their admit cards from the official website. Furthermore, only qualified candidates will be able to download the admit card. Speculations from several exam observers state that these developments points out in the direction of SOSE result declaration.
After the result is declared, candidates are required to submit certain documents – Marksheet of the previous completed grade/Transfer & Leaving certificate/Caste certificate of the student (if applicable)/Aadhar card or Valid address proof showing residence of Delhi/Photo pertaining to SOSE norms.
Candidates who have qualified for the next stage of the Performing and Visual Arts are also required to download their admit cards from the official site.
Things to note about SOSE
- The SOSE’s have been established across the capital city for classes between 9-12 that allow students to study their chosen field of area and are affiliated to the Delhi Board of Secondary Education established in 2021 by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal – eligibility is only for Delhi residents and a minimum of 50% students will be from government-aided schools.
- The aptitude tests are conducted for classes 9 and 12 for the streams of Performing & Visual Arts/High End 21st Century Skills/STEM/AFPS/Humanities for Class 9 and Medical (PCB)/Engineering (PCM)/AFPS for Class 11.
- The tests for STEM and Humanities will consist purely of written tests, whereas Performing Arts, High end 21st century skills and the Armed Forces Preparatory School will consist of further stages, like interviews, project works and physical screenings.
- There are 31 Schools of Specialized Excellence across Delhi. Out of these, 12 are for STEM, 7 for Humanities, 7 for High-End 21st Century Skills, 4 for Performing and Visual Arts, and 1 for Armed Forces Preparation.
- As per the Delhi Board Regulations, no fees is charged for any programme under the SOSE from the students, and their selection is purely on the basis of merit.