In a sudden turn of events, the National Board of Education in Medical Science (NBEMS) has decided to postpone NEET SS 2022 examination. The notice was published a while ago and stated that the NEET SS (Super Speciality) 2022 exam dates earlier scheduled for June 18 and 19, 2022 stand postponed. The application form filling for NEET SS 2022 was over in November 2021.
NEET SS 2022 Postponed!
As per the notice released by the board, the tentative schedule for NEET SS 2022 was notified on November 01, 2021. However, at present, the board has decided to postpone the exam and push it to a future date. The new NEET SS 2022 examination dates shall be released soon. Candidates are advised to keep a tab on the official website, natboard.edu.in for all related updates.
Probable Reason Behind NEET SS 2022 Postponement
The notice did not provide any official reason for pushing the dates of NEET SS 2022. However, one of the key reasons that can be assumed is the NEET SS petition lying with the Supreme Court. A few days back a group of doctors have filed a plea with the court that questioned the new pattern. As per that, now out of 100 questions 40% shall be from the general component of the basic eligibility feeder and the rest 60% from all sub-speciality courses. This plea has also questioned the board’s intention of removing MD Radiation Oncology as a special eligibility factor from the DM Medical Oncology course. The candidates via this petition have asked the Court to provide a solution that favours aspirants from different domains.
NEET-SS 2022 is the annual entrance examination conducted by NBE for providing admission to successful candidates in DM/MCh and DrNB Superspecialty courses offered by participating colleges. There shall be a separate question paper for each super speciality course having 100 questions. The question paper shall be further bifurcated into two parts namely the general feeder and super speciality section. The level of the question shall be equal to PG exit level.