As per reports, the Hon’ble Supreme Court has given the next hearing date on October 29, 2021, for the petition filed by NTA regarding the NEET Result 2021. The case that has resulted in a delay in the declaration of the NEET 2021 result is now expected to get a final closure and fair order on this date.
Recently, the Bombay HC had issued an order to NTA regarding the re-exam of two candidates who received a jumbled question paper and answer booklet combination on September 12, 2021. This order also put a stay on the release of the NEET 2021 results until the examination is over for these two candidates. However, NTA responded by appealing against the decision in the apex court.
NTA contended that delaying the result for two students might do injustice with 16 lakh candidates awaiting the result. NTA further said that this kind of order might set a wrong example in the eyes of the students in future and prompt them to take unfair advantage.
Hence, NTA sought the intervention of the Hon’ble Supreme Court for a fair decision that benefits everyone. As of now, the hearing date has been released and the case is accepted by the apex court, Candidates and NTA are hopeful for a positive decision.
NEET Result 2021 Date and Time by NTA
Now since the next hearing for the NEET result 2021 is on October 29, 2021, results won’t be declared until the 29th day of this month. However, if the SC gives a decision in NTA’s favour then it might happen that NEET results are released on October 30 and 31. 2021. The reason for this is, the agency has notified that results are completely ready with them.
Once the results are declared, the candidates will be asked to appear for counselling sessions conducted by MCC. The NEET Counselling is different from other exams as here there are two options, 15% is for AIQ (All India Seat Quota) and the remaining 85% is for state-based medical colleges. AIQ counselling is done by the Directorate General of Health Services on behalf of MCC, While state-based college counselling is done by their respective authorities. The candidates on the basis of their ranks and cut off marks released by colleges can apply for the counselling round.
As per reports, this year around 16.1 lakh students have applied for NEET 2021 exam out of which 9 lakh candidates were female. Kerala stood the number one state with the highest male to female candidate’s ratio. These students shall compete for 83,075 seats for the MBBS course, 26,949 seats for the BDS stream etc.