Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) shall declare NEET 2018 Result on June 05, 2018. The results will be available on the official website cbseneet.nic.in. Over 1.33 million students had appeared for the national level medical entrance exam. Nearly 66,000 seats will be filled on the basis of its results. The exam was held on May 06, 2018.
In order to qualify the exam, candidates need to get minimum cut off that stands at 50th percentile for unreserved category, 40th percentile for scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and other backward class.
Going by the analysis, expected cutoff to just qualify NEET 2018 stands at 130(+/- 5) and 110 for SC/ST/OBC. To get a government college though one may require above 520 marks.
A merit list will be prepared after the NEET 2018 results have been declared. The position which the candidate will get in the merit list shall only determine their chances of getting the medical college of their choice. It is so because the candidates will be called for the counselling based on the ranks obtained by them in the NEET 2018 Exam. The counselling for NEET 2018 will also be an online process.
Those who have given the NEET 2018 exam, can check their result by first visiting the official website of CBSE. On the page, find the link which says NEET UG 2018 Results.
A new window will pop-up. Here the candidate will have to enter roll number and the date of birth as the credentials.
On the next screen, the candidate will see the result. Candidates will be able to download their scorecard.
Candidates will be called for counselling rounds based on the ranks obtained by them in the NEET 2018 Exam. 15 % of the seats under NEET are for All India Quota Seats and the rest 85% are for the state counselling. Counselling for All India Quota seats is done by Medical Counselling Committee and for the rest, it is done by the respective states.
Those who clear the NEET 2018 exam will be eligible to get admission in 15 percent All India quota seats in the government medical and dental colleges and Union Territories. About 85 percent state quota seats in all states and UTs of India, all private and deemed medical colleges. It also includes minority institutions such as CMC Vellore and CMC Ludhiana.
NEET is conducted by CBSE. It is a single national level entrance examination for admissions to all the government and private medical colleges across India. Through this exam, candidates are given admission to all the medical courses (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS) and other post-graduation medical courses.
NEET 2018 saw a total of 13 lakh aspirants for a total of 90000 seats. Last year, the figure was at 11.5 lakh. There are some colleges which conduct their own entrance test for admissions to the medical courses. These include undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER). Rest of the colleges in India take students on the basis of their NEET score only.
To get fastest education news and government job news in India, join our Telegram channel.