Only three days left for the most-awaited MBA entrance exam in the country – the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021. The national-level entrance test is going to be held in computer-based mode on November 28, 2021. The pressure is on and only those who score the perfect percentile will get a chance to study at prestigious IIMs in the country. However, candidates cannot get bogged down by this pressure.
To help them in their last week of preparation, here are 6 important things stated that Arun Sharma that candidates need to know while handling Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI LR), Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC). Important to note that these suggestions are applicable to all topics covered in the CAT 2021 exam.
No new things
With merely three days left for the exam, candidates have better things to do than to waste time on new topics. Even if they are done with only 70% syllabus, candidates must focus on revising and revisiting this portion instead of stressing over the remaining 30%.
During CAT 2021 preparation, most candidates practice mock tests and practice exams rigorously. When they do so, naturally their score must be increasing with every test till they reach a range or ballpark figure. Candidates need to recognize this range to understand where they stand which is essential, known as “stabilization”. This will dictate their mindset towards the next exam.
Focus on THREE main DILR aspects – MPS, Cross Reference Data, and Missing data
A candidate’s performance in the DILR section is directly linked to the number of revisions and the number of mock tests given. However, there’s another trick to master this section. Based on previous-year papers, it is clear that this section focus on three main aspects – Multiple Probability Solutions (MPS), Cross Reference Data and Missing data. Candidates must spend the last few days mastering these aspects by solving relevant questions.
The Flowchart Strategy
According to Arun Sharma, a candidate must spend the first 30-50 seconds devising a strategy to solve a question. This slot is the most crucial and will ultimately decide whether the question is easy to solve or not. Hence, candidates must always devise a strategy or flowchart to approach a question, after thoroughly reading it.
Fresh Guard Principle
The CAT 2021 exam has three distinct subject sections, each with its own difficulties and tricky topics. There’s no telling which section will be easy or difficult to solve. So, solve each section using the “fresh guard principle” – completely forget the previous section. Candidates must approach each subject with a fresh mind to not big-down their brain with disappointment and stress.
Reduce the pressure
Of course, CAT 2021 is a competitive exam accompanied by time restrictions. According to Sharma, the best way for candidates to deal with this pressure is by having faith in their preparation. If their preparation is adequate, it will reflect their performance. If not, there are several more attempts to go in the future. So, CAT 2021 is not the end of a candidate’s MBA journey.
To get a detailed explanation of each of these suggestions, candidates can access the video links given below:
|Last Week to CAT | Arun Sharma | Handling the DI LR Section 1| CAT 2021||Click Here|
|Last Week to CAT | Arun Sharma | Handling the Quants Section | CAT 2021||Click Here|
|Last Week to CAT | 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO REMEMBER | Arun Sharma | CAT 2021||Click Here|
|Last Week to CAT | Arun Sharma | Handling the DI LR Section 3 | CAT 2021||Click Here|