NEET 2020 result has been declared on October 16, 2020. Those candidates who have scored marks more than the qualifying cut off can participate in 15% AIQ counselling by MCC, and 85% state quota counselling by state bodies. The qualifying marks for general category candidates are 147 marks, for UR-PH it is 129 marks and for the ST / ST-PH / SC / SC-PH / OBC / OBC-PH is 113 marks.
NEET is an entrance exam for admission in UG medical courses. The courses in which admission is granted on the basis of NEET 2020 are MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS. Apart from these courses, colleges of Maharashtra also grant admission in bachelor of Physiotherapy (B. PTh.), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B. OTh.)., Bachelor of Audiology, Speech and Language Pathology (BASLP), Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (BP & O) and B.Sc. Nursing via NEET result 2020.
The counselling of NEET for admission in UG medical colleges is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). It is held as per the norms by MCI, NMC, and DCI. Dring the counselling, seats are allocated to the candidates on the basis of their all India rank in NEET. MCC only conducts the counselling to fill 15% all India quota seats. The rest of the 85% state quota seats are filled by state / union Govt. designated authorities.
Talking about the Medical seats available for admission via NEET scores, then 82926 seats are available across 541 colleges of the nation. The highest number of colleges and seats is in Karnataka, which is 60 and 9495 respectively.
The top colleges that accept NEET 2020 score as per NIRF ranking 2020 are:
NIRF Rank 1. AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences: This is the first time that AIIMS will admit students via NEET 2020 scores. Until last year AIIMS MBBS admission was based on AIIMS entrance exam. The seats offered by AIIMS will be under 15% ALL India Quota.
NIRF Rank 2. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
NIRF Rank 3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
NIRF Rank 4. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Karnataka
NIRF Rank 5. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences. Uttar Pradesh
NIRF Rank 6. BHU – Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh
NIRF Rank 7. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham – Kochi Campus
NIRF Rank 8. JIPMER Puducherry – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research: Like AIIMS, this will be the first time that JIPMER will be filling their UG medical seats based on NEET scores. The seats offered by JIPMER will be under 15% All India Quota.
NIRF Rank 10. KGMU – King George’s Medical University, Uttar Pradesh
NIRF Rank 11. ILBS Delhi – Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an all India level UG medical entrance exam. It is the only entrance exam for admission of eligible 10+2 students in MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses. This year 15,97,433 candidates registered for the exam and 13,66,945 took the exam. Of the total appeared candidates 7,71,500 aspirants have qualified for 15% AIQ counselling for admission.