Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) has released the official notification for TNUSRB SI (Sub-Inspector) 2022 across the sub-profile of Taluk & Armed Reserve. Candidates can check and download the official notification from the official website, tnusrb.tn.gov.in. The application form filling for Sub Inspector, TNUSRB has commenced from today, March 08, 2022, and the last date to submit the same is April 07, 2022.
As per the official notification, the examination shall be held tentatively in June 2022. The board has announced 444 vacancies against the post of TNUSRB SI out of which 311 vacancies are for male candidates and the remaining 133 for women and transgender candidates. Candidates post-selection shall be eligible to draw salary on the pay scale of INR 36900 – 116600.
TNUSRB SI – Age Eligibility
The age limit for TNUSRB SI is going to be 20 to 30 years as of July 01, 2022, for the unreserved category. While age relaxations for the reserved category are applicable depending on the rules of the Tamil Nadu government as mentioned in the table below:
|Ex-Servicemen and Departmental candidates||47 years|
The candidate should have completed graduation from a recognized university in any discipline in the 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2/3 pattern. Those who have obtained degrees from an open university shall not be allowed to apply for the examination.
TNUSRB SI – Communal Reservations
The board has notified that communal reservation shall be valid for the TNUSRB SI post. As per that, 31% of the reservation is for open category students. The remaining 26.5% and 3.5% reservation is for the backward class and backward class (Muslim) category respectively. Next, 20% reservation is for the most backward class / denotified communities and 15% reservation for scheduled caste. The remaining reservation for 3% is for scheduled caste (Arunthathiyar) and 1% is for the scheduled tribe.
Apart from the communal reservation, 20% of the quota is applicable for departmental candidates and the rest 10% for those who opt for a sports background.
TNUSRB SI – Exam Pattern
The selection process of SI, TNUSRB includes three levels, Tamil language paper test, Mains examination followed by Physical Measurement test and Endurance Test.
- Tamil Langauge Paper: This the first level having 100 questions based on Tamil language as taught upto 10th standard of the Tamil Nadu State Board. The duration to complete the test is going to be 1 hours and 40 minutes.
- TNUSRB SI Mains Paper: This level is going to have 70 questions based on General Knowledge (General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Polity, General Knowledge and Current Affirs);Psychology Test (Logical Analysis, Mental Ability, Communication Skills, Information Handling Ability and Numerical Analysis) for 2.5 hours.
- Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test
Direct Link to TNUSRB SI Notification 2022
How to Apply for TNUSRB SI 2022?
Candidates going to appear for the TNUSRB SI 2022 can follow the steps below to apply for the examination:
Step 1: Visit the official website of TNUSRB, tnusrb.tn.gov.in
Step 2: On the homepage, find and click on the TNUSRB SI application form link.
Step 3: Next, create a user link by entering the email id on the space and then filling the signup form using details such as email id, name, password.
Step 4: After this, fill in the remaining details such as personal details, academic details, test center preference, upload the documents in the application form and move to the payment section.
Step 5: Pay the application fee relevant to the candidate’s quota and then submit the application form.
The prescribed application fee for TNUSRB SI is INR 500 without paying the registration fee and INR 1000 as a fee charge for the departmental candidates.
Documents Required for TNUSRB SI 2022
Candidates are advised to keep the following set of documents handy while filling out the application form of TNUSRB SI 2022 –
- Government issued valid id card
- 10th, 12th marksheet as DOB document
- Graduation marksheet
- Qualification documents
- Community Certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Government
- NCC Certificate
- NSS Certificate
- Sports/Games Certificate
- Certificates for having Studied entire education from 1st Std. to first Batchelor’s Degree (1st to 10th, 11th and 12th Std. / Diploma / ITI, First Degree) in Tamil Medium
- Identity Card issued by Tamil Nadu Third gender Welfare Board
The final merit will be counted as per marks received in the main written examination, physical efficiency test, viva-voice, and special marks for SI posts as per communal reservation and notified vacancies.