The NEET 2017 snafu has finally concluded as the result of the exam has been declared by CBSE. The pass percentage of the exam got stagnant at 56.1%, as out of 1138890 appeared candidates only 611539 managed to clear the cutoff. Despite a drop in the cutoff the pass percentage is moderate.

Letting the bygone be bygone, the focus now shifts to the counselling of NEET 2017. The counselling of the exam will be held by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), under the directions of DGHS. MCC will take responsibility to fill 15% All India Quota Seats. The remaining 85% seats will be filled by each state individually. However, if after the second round of counselling, the All India Quota seats remain vacant then the Committee will convert it into State Quota seats.

MCC will only conduct two rounds of counselling and the schedule for it has also been announced. It will be starting from July 03, 2017, with online registration and display of seat matrix. The registered candidates will be able to submit and lock the choices from July 05 to 12, following which the Round 1 seat allotment result will be announced, on June 15, 2017. The confirmation of seat will only be done when the candidates will report at the allocated college between July 16 to 22, 2017.

MCC has also announced the details for the second round of counselling. New registration and choice filling will be allowed for this round. It can be done from August 01 to 04, 2017. The seat allotment result for round 2 will be announced on August 08, and the reporting has to be done August 16, 2017.

As for the State Counselling, for the 85% seats, the candidates will have to apply separately. The allotment will be done on the basis of MBBS / BDS State Merit List, which will Be prepared on the basis of NEET 2017 Result.

As per the press release by CBSE, the seats in Private Medical College will also be filled through the State Level Medical Counselling. However, the Deemed Universities will be included in DGHS counselling, as it possess the All India character status.

Few of the states, like Maharashtra, Kerala,  etc have announced the dates and details for the medical counselling. The candidates will only be able to apply for these if they are domicile of the state. Unless and until the state announces outside state quota. The candidates may check complete details about the MBBS/BDS State Counselling 2017 from here.

NEET 2017 was held on May 07, 2017. It was conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) at all India level, for the selection of candidates in medical examination. It was held in 103 cities, in 10 languages. This was the first time when the OCIs, PIO, and Foreigners were allowed to participate in the examination.

Despite providing the option to take the exam in regional language, maximum candidates opted to take the exam in English/Hindi language. Yet, the clouds of language paper controversy hampered the exam process.

On the brighter note, the irregularity came to end and the medical aspirants may now look forward to a bright future by securing a seat in the desired college. Share your view with us. Comment below. You may also leave a comment to ask your queries.

Mody University Apply Now!!


  1. Is there any chance to get admission in govt college in mbbs/bds with AIR 30,000 either in south India colleges.

  2. sir I m from odisha but my studies from 6th class was held on ap so now to which state l may belong

  3. Sir I get 431 marks in neet .so any chance for any government college.. My cast catagory Sc…please tell me ans…

  4. Sir I got 164 mark in neet is there any chance to get agriculture in vellaini karshika collage Trivandrum

  5. I have scored 239 With 75 percentil in Rest of Maharashtra , Can I get MBBS/ BDS in Government or private colleges. If not Can I am eligible for applying in M.P. / Chattisgargh

Comments are closed.