Manipal University B.Tech Admission Apply Now for MU OET
SRM University B.Tech Admission Apply Now for SRMJEEE
JEE Main 2018 Click Here for Details

List of NEET 2017 toppers has been officially released by CBSE along with NEET Result. NEET Toppers 2017 include Navdeep Singh from Punjab (AIR 1), Archit Gupta from MP (AIR 2), Manish Mulchandani from MP (AIR 3), Sankeerth Sadananda (AIR 4), Dogra Abhishek Veerendra (AIR 5), Deric Joseph (AIR 6), Kanishh Tayal (AIR 7), Nikita Goyal  (AIR 8), Aryan Raj Singh (AIR 9), Tanish Bansal (AIR 10).

Also in toppers of NEET 2017 list are Nishita Purohit (AIR 11), Lakkimsetti Arnav Thirinath (AIR 12), Anuj Gupta (AIR 13), Narreddy Manvitha (AIR 14), Harshit Anand (AIR 15), Harsh Agarwal (AIR 16), Chavi Harkawat (AIR 17), Nada Fatima (AIR 18), Bhuvensh Sharma (AIR 19), Vanshika Arora (AIR 20), Mariya Biji Varghese (AIR 21), Aditi Goyal (AIR 22), Vishnu Singhal (AIR 23), Mangani Deepika (AIR 24), Abhineet Mathur (AIR 25).

The long awaited NEET 2017 result was finally declared on 23rd June. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), held on May 07, 2017, has been topped by Navdeep Singh. The Punjab boy has scored 697 marks in the examination, which resulted to 99.999908 percentile. Among the top 10, the maximum number of toppers emerged from Punjab with 3 candidates followed by Madhya Pradesh with 2 candidates. Rest is a mix of Kerala, Karnataka, UP, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Haryana.

Girl topper in NEET 2017, Nikita Goyal, is also from Punjab. Nikita’s AIR is 8 and she secured 690 marks and 99.999174 percentile. The second topper among girls is Nishita Purohit from Gujarat. She also topped the AIIMS entrance examination. The third female topper is Narreddy Manvitha from Andhra Pradesh with AIR 14. She has also scored 685 marks in the exam.

Archit Gupta and Manish Mulchandani, from M.P, were among the top 10 list in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam and have remarkably secured 2 and 3 positions in NEET 2017 as well. Both scored the same marks and percentile of 695 and 99.999725. Other NEET 2017 Toppers, colliding with that AIIMS Merit List, are Abhishek Dogra, Harshit Anand and Harsh Agarwal they have now secured All India Rank 5, 15 and 16 in NEET 2017 respectively.

These six moved from their home states to Kota for their preparations for these highly competitive exams. They went through rigorous training together and have now bagged positions in the most coveted topper list. In an interview, Nishita expressed the importance of having competitive peers for healthy competition and encouragement for pushing each other to their maximum potential.

A recent report showed a total of 11, 38,890 students appeared for NEET examination, which was conducted in 10 different languages across 1921 exam centers. Total, 611539 candidates qualified NEET exam by scoring the desired cut off marks. Among these, the number of female candidates who qualified is 226049 while only 183424 males qualified the examination this year.

There has also been a report that 11 candidates have been found using unfair means in the examination of NEET 2017. Their results have been canceled as per the CBSE rules.

The counselling for NEET qualified candidates will begin soon. The counselling session will be done for 65000 MBBS and 25000 BDS seats. It is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). 15 per cent seats are reserved for All India Counselling as per the DGHS while the rest 85 per cent seats would be filled through State Counselling which will be conducted by the respective state governments. It is important to note that this year the cut off for candidates in the unreserved category is 131 marks, showcasing a drop in the figures.

Advertisements

1 COMMENT

Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.