|Manipal University B.Tech||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University B.Tech||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by the CBSE Board for admission to the MBBS/BDS courses in India in various Medical / Dental Colleges. It is an inevitable fact that students want to achieve the best results. However, in all this hustle bustle students forget the little things that they need to keep in mind. Not to worry friends! We are here to keep track of all the things that you need to keep in mind for the NEET exam. We have broken it into two parts: tips to prepare before the exam day and tips to remember on the exam day.
Lets us see the things that you need to keep in mind one day before the exam.
Things to keep in mind one day before the exam
PREPARE DOCUMENTS ONE DAY BEFORE
All the candidates are advised to keep their documents that they need to carry on the day of the examination one day before. They should prepare a file in which they will carry these items. The file should be a transparent one. Keep these documents ready:-
NEET Admit card – The candidates are advised to check whether they have taken the print of the admit card one day before the exam. Give a brief reading to it. Look at the instructions mentioned on the admit card. Often students ignore the instructions and reach the examination hall thinking that they will read the instruction on their way to the test centre. However, this habit can have serious outcomes. Generally all the instructions in the admit card also carry points to inform the students that whether they will be allowed to carry their valuables to the exam centre or whether they will be allowed to carry the pen and pencil or if they have to bring their own stationary. All these small things are very essential and crucial points.
Also carry the proforma with postcard photograph, one postcard photograph, and one passport size photograph.
Valid ID proof – These days all the exam conducting bodies do ask the students to carry a valid identity proof for verification purpose. Sometimes, if the photograph that is attested in the application form or admit card is not clearly visible, the valid ID proof can be used to verify the details of the candidates on the printed ID proof. Therefore, the candidates are informed through the admit cards about the documents they will need to carry on the day of the exam. Prepare all these documents one day before the exam and keep a file ready.
Dress Code for NEET 2017
WHAT TO WEAR AND WHAT NOT TO WEAR
Usually, the exam conducting bodies specify the dress code that the candidate will need to follow. Indeed, the candidate should use the following to be on the safe side. NEET exam follows the dress code very strictly. Candidates are advised to see the list of items they should avoid to carry at all cost. You are advised to follow the rules for your own convenience. No request will be entertained later on.
WHAT TO WEAR
The candidates are instructed to follow the following dress code while appearing for NEET – II exam:
- All the students are advised to wear something light and comfortable with half sleeves.
- The dress should not have too big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc.
- Wear something that does not have unnecessary pockets. This will make the invigilator suspicious of you
- Slippers, sandals with low heels are allowed
- Girls should keep their hair loose
WHAT NOT TO WEAR
- Candidates should not wear shoes.
- Candidates should not wear full sleeve clothes
The candidate must keep in mind that they are not allowed to carry these items into the exam hall.:-
- Any stationery item like textual material (printed or in written), Calculator, Eraser, pieces of paper, Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Scale, Pen, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
- Any communication device like Bluetooth, Mobile Phone, Earphones, Pager, Microphone, Health Band etc.
- Other items like Wallet, shades, Handbags, Leather Belt, Cap etc.
- Any kind of accessory or ornament is not allowed in the exam hall. The candidate should avoid wearing Ring, Nose-pin, Earrings, Chain, Badge, Necklace, Pendants, Brooch etc.
- Any Watch,Camera, Bracelet is not allowed.
- Any metallic item should not be carried along.
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle is not allowed
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like camera, Bluetooth device etc.
- There may not be any arrangement at the centre to keep these articles.
If the candidate is found possessing any of the barred items inside the centre, they will be disqualified from appearing for the exam for the charge using unfair means. These candidates will have to face the action taken against them in accordance with the relevant provisions.
Things to remember on the day of the exam
Reach on time
The candidate are advised to reach before the time allotted for the exam. The admit card do carry the instructions for the candidates as per the timings scheduled for the completion of the exam. Some examinations require the students to reach the exam hall at least 2-3 hours prior the exam commencement. This time is scheduled for conducting the pre-exam formalities such as biometric finger recording, photo capturing, etc. there will be no extra time for these formalities. Therefore, the students are requested to reach as per the time mentioned in the admit card.
Listen to the Instructions
The candidates are advised to listen to the instruction called out by the invigilator at the beginning of the exam. As these instructions are laid for the candidates, they should at all cost pay heed to it. The candidates are not allowed to make any contact with the other exam takers. Therefore, if there is any query arising, you should raise your hand and take the permission of the invigilator.
Do Not Leave the exam hall before the time expires or until said
The candidates are not allowed to leave the exam hall for any reason before the tie had expired. If it is urgent that you should take the permission of the invigilator whether you are allowed to leave or not. The NEET exam is of 3 hours duration and there is no break in between the exam. Therefore, the candidate are expected to stay in the examination hall fro this time period. If you do feel the need to go to washroom please make sure that you attend the nature’s call before the exam starts.