The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) has started the application for the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test today, on March 17, 2022. The entrance exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admissions for various undergraduate courses in engineering. The last date for filling out the form is April 7, 2022. Candidates can apply online for the exam on the official website of jkbopee.gov.in. The exam is tentatively scheduled to be held on May 22, 2022.
How to Apply for JKCET 2022?
Candidates can apply for JKCET on the official website of JKBOPEE. To apply for the exam candidates can follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Visit the official website of JKBOPEE at jkbopee.gov.in
Step 2: Under the Exams tab Click on Common Entrance Test (Engineering).
Step 3: Click on the link Click here to fill Application.
Step 4: Enter all the required details.
Step 5: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 6: Pay the application fee.
Step 7: Submit the application and take a printout of the confirmation page.
Candidates must pay an application fee of ₹1200 to apply for the exam. Candidates must ensure that all the particulars are currently filled, and should make edits to the application form before it is submitted. The application must be submitted on or before April 7, 2022. If a candidate fails to submit the application on the prescribed date they should appear before the BOPEE office in Jammu or Kashmir by April 9, 2022, to submit the application. Any issues regarding the application will not be entertained after April 9, 2022.
JKCET Documents Required
In addition, candidates must keep the following documents ready in PDF format within the size limit of 100 to 200 KB while filling out the JKCET application form :
- Domicile certificate of the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir or Ladakh
- Marksheet or passing certificate of 10+2
- Matriculation mark sheet that clearly mentions the date of birth
- Reserved category certificate
To be eligible to apply for the JKCET 2022 exam, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Must be a domicile of the unioni territory of Jammu and Kashmir or Ladakh.
- Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized statutory board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and a total score equal to or above 45%. However there is a relaxation of 5% marks for marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST and other socially and educationally backward classes.
Candidates who are appearing for the final exam of 10+2 in 2022 can also apply for the exam. They should provide the marks statement of the exam at the time of the declaration of the result/counseling process of JKCET 2022. For admission under the sports quota, candidates must submit their required certificates to the office of the Secretary, J&K Secretary Sports Council Jammu / Srinagar for determining their sports points.
JKCET 2022 official notification – click here