Manipal University Apply Now for MU OET
SRM University Apply Now for SRMJEEE
JEE Main 2018 Click Here for Details

The Gujarat Common Entrance Test was held on May 10, 2017. Exactly 13 days after that the result has been announced today, on May 23, 2017. More than 2.6 lakh candidates appeared for the examination, which was held across the state of Gujarat, were waiting for GSEB to notify GUJCET Result 2017. Now finally GSEB has done it.

Until now, the seats in the state were filled on the basis of national level examination. However, the CET was revived this year to fill the seats in undergraduate engineering and pharmacy courses.

Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) is organizing body of the examination. The candidates, who appeared for the exam can check GUJCET 2017 result and download rank card from the official website.

The credential required to check the result is seat number. Separate rank card will not be sent to the candidates and downloaded result will be treated as same.

For merit calculation the marks of GUJCET and class 12th has been considered. GSEB has given 60% weightage to the score of CET, whereas, the remaining 40% weightage has been provided to the score of class 12th.

The merit of the candidates will be used to allocate seat. In addition, the candidates will also given an opportunity to submit the preference for course and colleges. The seat will only be offered to eligible candidates and to ensure the eligibility document verification will be done.

ACPC will conduct counselling. Registration for counselling will begin on June 01, 2017. The candidates will have to purchase PIN and Booklet from Kotak Mahindra Bank and only then they will be able to register online.

The reservation for SC candidates is 7%. Whereas, for ST and OBC candidates the percentage of reservation is 15% and 27%, respectively. The seats in NITs, IITs, IIITs will be filled through JEE Main 2017.

Advertisements

Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.