Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has delayed the GATE 2022 application form. The online application form, which was earlier scheduled to release on August 31, 2021, has been delayed and will now release on September 02, 2021. The application form for GATE 2022 will be released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur as it is the conducting body this year. Once released, candidates will be able to apply online on the official website i.e., gate.iitkgp.ac.in till September 24, 2021.
IIT KGP has displayed the revised dates for the GATE 2022 application form on the official website. Post the last date to apply without late fee candidates will be allowed an extended period to apply till October 01, 2021. Those who apply during the extended period have to pay a late fee as specified here. The list of defective applications for rectification will be displayed online on October 26, 2021. Registered applicants will be able to make rectifications till November 01, 2021. The last date for change of paper, category, exam city is November 12, 2021.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE exam is conducted once every year by one of the Indian Institutes of Technology in India. The exam serves as an entrance test for admission to Post Graduate level in engineering, science, technology, architecture, as well as Doctoral degree in a relevant engineering, science, art, commerce programs. Besides, PSUs in India also conduct recruitment of executive and technical staff on the basis of GATE score every year.
How to apply online for GATE 2022?
GATE 2022 aspirants have to wait for the release of the online application form by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Candidates have to visit the website gate.iitkgp.ac.in to fill up the application form by paying the requisite fee. The step by step procedure to fill up the GATE 2022 application form is provided below.
- Visit the official website gate.iitkgp.ac.in using any compatible internet browser.
- Click on the New Registration link.
- Fill up the registration form
- After succesful registration, an Enrollment Number and Password is generated.
- Login to the website using the login credentials to access the GATE 2022 application form.
- Fill up the application form with requisite details.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport sized photograph, signature and photo ID.
- Make the payment of the application fee online.
- Preview and verify the details entered.
- Submit the application form online.
- Generate print-outs of the fee receipt and application form for future reference.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Candidates can check the GATE 2022 application fee amount for various categories below. One may note that the information is as per the previous iteration of the GATE exam. The latest fee details are expected to be updated by the IIT KGP in the official notification of GATE 2022.
|Category||Fee||Fee (With Late Fee)|
|Unreserved||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
|SC/ST||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|Female candidates||Rs 750||Rs 1250|