Chanakya National Law University organized CLAT 2017 and has declared CLAT 2017 Result at clat.ac.in. Approximately 50,000 candidates are reported to have appeared for Common Law Admission Test. Held for the first time in the year 2008, the CLAT has undergone changes over years.
On the evening of May 29, 2017, CNLU declared CLAT 2017 Result.
Topper of CLAT 2017 (UG) is Rajat Maloo who has got 154.25 out of 196.
Second rank has been grabbed by Vihit Ashish Shah from Maharashtra. His scorecard reads 150.25 out of 200. He also got 91 marks in AILET and is in its first merit list.
At rank 3 is Radhika Sharda from Rajasthan, with 148.5 marks.
Sumit Kumar Gupta from Bihar scored 147.5 and has rank 4 in CLAT 2017. AILET first merit list also holds his name with 94 marks.
Earlier this month, AILET result was announced in which Dhanishta Mukesh Mittal secured Rank 1 with 100 marks. She was followed by Nitesh Mishra and Harshvardhan Tripathi, both of whom got 99 marks. Rank 3 and 4 respectively were grabbed by Vedangini Bisht, and Vishu Surana with 96 marks each. Whereas CLAT leads to admission in eighteen National Law Universities, AILET is for admission to NLU Delhi.
A total of 18 National Law Universities in India are accepting CLAT 2017 scores. These are
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru.
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad.
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal.
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata.
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur.
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur.
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar.
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow.
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab.
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna.
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi.
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack.
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi.
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam.
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam.
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli.
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai.
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur.
Highest cut offs are of NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLIU, NLUJ. These top 5 NLUs usually have seats filled in first few rounds of counselling.
Furthermore, 36 colleges have got themselves listed on official CLAT website as accepting CLAT 2017 scores. Students must look into these options as well for getting admission to BA LLB.
- Alliance University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
- Azim Premji University, Bengaluru
- Delhi Institute of Rural Development (D.I.R.D.), Holambi, Delhi
- Disha Law College, Raipur
- Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida, (UP)
- IFIM Law College, Karnataka
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Jagannath University, Jaipur
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus School of Law, Greater Noida U.P
- Kirit P. Mehta School of Law NMIMS University Mumbai
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, UP
- Maharaja Surajmal Brij University, Bharatpur (State University)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- Maharishi Law School, Maharishi University of Information Technology, Noida
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- MATS Law School, Raipur
- Mewar University, Rajasthan
- NIMT Institute of Method & Law (NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan), Delhi NCR
- Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore
- Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan
- RNB Global University, Bikaner
- Ramaiah Institute of Legal Studies (RILS), Bengaluru
- Renaissance Law College, Indore
- REVA University, Bangalore
- School of Law, THE NorthCap University, Gurugram, Haryana
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore
- Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
- SRM University, Delhi- NCR, Sonipat
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
In addition, there is 1 PSU as well which will accept CLAT 2017 PG Result for recruitment.
- Oil India Limited
When decision regarding conduct of Common Law Admission Test was first taken, at that time there were 7 participating NLUs. It was then decided to hold CLAT on rotational basis. Ever since, one NLU takes up responsibility of holding law entrance exam. NLSIU Bangalore was first to hold CLAT. It was NALSAR Hyderabad that held CLAT 2009, then NLIU Bhopal to look after CLAT 2010. CLAT 2011, CLAT 2012, CLAT 2013, CLAT 2014, CLAT 2015 and CLAT 2016 were conducted by WBNUJS Kolkata, NLU Jodhpur, HNLU Raipur, GNLU Gandhinagar, RMLNLU Lucknow, RGNUL Patiala respectively.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) has been surrounded by controversies since beginning. Such as in year 2008 exam was rescheduled due to paper leak. Then in 2011 there was disappointed among test takers about standard of exam – A dozen questions had underlined answers. Also paper was lengthy. In year 2012, there a number of issues starting from questions being out of syllabus, errors in rank.